- Play games you don't know.
- Chase your losses.
- Gamble with your winnings.
- Play when you're drunk.
- Don't set a session limit.
- Expect to win every time.
- Bet on Red if Black has come up four times in a row.
1. Roulette and Blackjack are popular, but where's the fun in that? There are loads more games out there. Who cares that you don't know how to play? Half the fun is in learning on the job. Sure, online casinos allow you to play for free and give you practice credits so you can try out any game without risking your cash, but that's not real gambling is it? Take your bankroll and blow it on Video Poker. Jacks or better? 100 play Power Poker? Who knows what they are? Doesn't matter - just play.
2. If you've started with a bankroll of $500 and you've already lost $450, you're not going to get it back by stopping! Bet that last 50 and try to win back your losses. And if you lose that 50, buy some more chips. Doesn't matter how much you've already lost, you can't stop now - you're not a quitter, are you?
3. So you've been lucky and you're up on the night. You brought $500 and now you're on $1000. Now's your chance to get back at the casino. Think of all those times you've left a loser. Now you're playing with the casino's money. That $500 isn't profit, it's revenge! Why walk away with $500 when you could gamble it all and take away $1000. Never mind that talk about the House Edge - the casino manager knows you're about to wipe him out. Keep gambling!
4. Those sexy waitresses aren't just doing their job - they really fancy you. You, more than anybody else in the casino. And when they offer you free drinks, it's not to get you drunk, it's because they want to loosen you up for later. Keep drinking, keep flirting, keep gambling - the casino management wants you to have a good time. And if you're gambling at home, you'll need that genuine casino experience. Open up a bottle of your favourite hard liquor, have a glass or two, then buy a few more chips and just go for it!
5. The casinos think of everything. When you're there, you're transported to a world of wonder and mystery. Do you wonder what time it is - it's a mystery! That's because they want you to focus on your gambling. Nothing else matters, and they'll do everything they can to ensure you don't get distracted by annoying things like sunrise! Just keep betting, even when you're tired and weary and drunk. Clearly, you make your best decisions when you've been playing for 12 hours. Some gamblers set strict time limits on their sessions and only gamble for 2 hours at a time before taking a break. What are they, wimps?!
6. Every one of your sessions should be a winner. It doesn't matter how much you've lost so far, eventually, you're bound to win. Keep gambling until that happens.
7. In Roulette, the odds of Red and Black are 50 - 50 (forget the 0, that doesn't count!) So the probability of Black coming up four times in a row is 1 in 16. The chance of it being Black again is 1 in 32, so the chance it's going to be Red must be 31 in 32. You'd be a mug not to believe this one. Gambler's Fallacy? That's just loser talk. You're not a loser are you?
Follow these 'tips' and you'll keep all casino owners very happy indeed!
About the author: Andy Follin runs Fortune Palace, an impartial online gambling guide that explains rules and strategies for popular gambling games, including optimal player strategies for the Betfair Zero Lounge games. The site also features a detailed guide to online casino deposits and payouts